Population and ICPD Indicators
- ICPD Goals and the MDGs for Malaysia
and key statistics on the Malaysian population as well as some selected
indicators in relation to ICPD and the MDGs, using information from the
Department of Statistics.
- Population distribution by age and sex, 1991 and 2004
age pyramid of the Malaysian population, which indicates a trend
towards population ageing with an increasing proportion of those aged
60 years and over.
- Distribution of Population aged 60+ years, 2000
The proportion of older persons (60 years and over) as a share to the state population.
- Reported HIV Infections, AIDS Cases and AIDS Deaths, Malaysia, 1986-2003
case of HIV infection diagnosed in Malaysia was reported in 1986 and by
2003, the reported cumulative number of cases amounted to some 58,000.
- Reported Cases of Violence against Women and Children, 2000-2004 (Cumulative)
summation of the reported cases (2000 to 2004) of violence against
women and children from the Royal Police Commission Report (2005).
- Incidence of Poverty, 1990 and 2002
The spatial distribution of poverty and the significant reductions in poverty levels for all the states shown over the time.